COLORADO CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT CLASSES
Get expert instruction from an NRA-certified instructor for to obtain your Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP). Our classes fulfill all requirements for Colorado CHP permit applications (33 state reciprocity. - Click here for a list of states honoring Colorado's concealed handgun permits).
Colorado is a "shall issue" state, meaning if you meet all the requirements set for under Colorado Statutes, the sheriff must issue a concealed carry permit once all requirements have been met and demonstrated (background check, training certificate, etc.)
In order to apply for a concealed handgun permit in Colorado, you must:
1. Be legally able to own a firearm in the state of Colorado.
2. Be a legal resident of Colorado, or a member of the armed forces that is stationed pursuant to permanent duty station orders at a military installation in this state, or a member of the service member's immediate family living in Colorado.
3. Be 21 years of age or older.
4. Demonstrate competence with a handgun by submitting a training certificate from a handgun training class obtained within the ten years preceding submittal of the application.
There are circumstances which will prevent a person from applying or being denied a CHP, including:
1. Chronic abusers of alcohol
2. Those addicted to controlled substances
3. Those under a temporary or permanent protective restraining order
A complete list of the CHP laws in Colorado can be viewed here.